GVS provides OEM roll goods for filtration, life sciences, and environmental monitoring industries. All of our membranes are manufactured at our facilities in North America and Italy allowing for easy and cost-effective customization. Because we manufacture more types of membranes than any other company, we are able to partner with you for all of your OEM Membrane needs.
We manufacture Polyethersulfone (PES), Polycarbonate Track Etched (PCTE), Polyester Track Etched (PETE), Polyvinylidene Difluoride (PVDF), Nylon (NY), Nitrocellulose (NC), Cellulose Acetate (CA) and Rigenerated Cellulose (RC) membranes, and we are recognized for our quality and responsiveness to customers.
GVS operates in a 27,500 m² state of the art manufacturing facility in Sanford, ME and a 6,000 m² membrane casting facility in Westborough, MA and 6,000 m² membrane casting facilities in Bologna, Italy.
- The Massachusetts and Maine facilities include eight membrane casting lines.
- The Maine facility includes nearly 6.000 m² of clean room for manufacturing space and 1.200 m² of R&D laboratories.
- The Bologna facility includes PVDF casting line, surface treating line, conversion capabilities, clean room and R&D laboratories.
- Membrane conversion capabilities, including both razor slitters and rotary shears, provides a broad range of standard and custom roll stock slit widths, from 0.64 cm (¼ inch) to master rolls up to 79 cm (31 inches); our expertise and quality control ensure strict adherence to the tight tolerances and performance specifications required for your applications.
- Manufacturing and production facilities are registered to the ISO 9001:2008 standard.
- Manufacturing clean rooms are rated to class 100,000.
- Products are manufactured under a Quality Management System that ensures lot-to-lot consistency, traceability and full accountability.
- Each roll stock order comes with a Certificate of Analysis showing the bubble point, flow rate and other specifications, as well as the actual data from that lot of material.
- Products are tested by outside laboratories to meet FDA regulations and other requirements.
- Most membranes have been tested for biocompatibility, toxicity, extractables and bacterial retention.
GVS Membrane Application Guide
Polymeric Hydrophilic Membrane
|CA||Hydrophilic, low non-specific
binding, low adsorption, thermally stable,
uniform pore structure
|Protein or enzyme filtration, protein
recovery, tissue culture media filtration,
wine filtration, prefilltration of plasma
fractions and vaccines
|PES||Hydrophilic, low protein binding, high
throughput, asymmetric structure
|Coarse particulate filtration (large pore),
final filtration (small pore), biological
sample prep, IV filters
|Hydrophtilic, low protein binding,
|IV filters, oncology drug administration,
long term administraion
|Air Flow Stop PES||Hydrophilic air flow stop membrane||IV drip chambers||Medial Infusion|
|NY||Hydrophilic, internally supported, high
surface area, high potein binding, low
extractables, supported for strength for
automated equipment handling
|HPLC sample prep, clarify aqueous and
organic solvents, alkaline solutions,
beverage and pharma processing
|Higher binding capacity than NC, internally
supported, can withstand multiple
reprobings, hydrophilic endotoxin retention
|Radioloabeled and non-radiolabeled
detection systems, Northern and
Southerm blots (nucleic acids),
Multiple reprobings, Alkaline
transfers, DNA fingerprinting,
UV crosslinking, IV filters
and Diagnostics, Medical
|NC||Hydrophilic, resistant to mild
acids, hydrocarbons, formaldehyde and
petroleum ethers, high protein binding
|Gravimetric and clarifisations with
aqueous solutions; microbial
capture and detection
|High Flow Rates, Low Extractables,
Broad Chemical Compatibility,
Very low protein binding
|TC media, pharma, ingredients, HPLC||Pharma to medical|
Polymeric Hydrophobic Membrane
supported / pure
|Naturally hydrophobic, pure, high sensitibity,
low background, broad chemical
|Protein datection via Western
blotting, amino acid analysis, protein
sequencing, GC sample prep
in/post treatment super
|Air/gas venting, transducer protector,
suction-aspiration, medical device
|Medical to pharma, Industrial,
Track Etched membrane Hydrophilic
|PCTE||Hydrophilic, thin, smooth, low protein
binding, non-reactive, tightly
controlled pore size and air flow
|sterile filtration, DI water filtration,
air monitoring, bacterial removal,
Hygiene, Medical device
|PCTE-AOX||Hydrophilic, AOX-certified absorbable
|Groudwater, wastewater testing for
|PETE||Hydrophilic, w/no wetting agent, smooth/flat
surface, precise pore size, wide solvent and
|Trace element and aerosol
analysis, batch filtration of aggressive
solutions, cell studies, RBC removal from
Track Etched membrane Hydropobic
|PCTE-PVDF||Hydrophobic, smooth surface allows for
rapid cell migration, low
extractables, lowest binding
|Chemotaxis, cell culture, blood assays,
cell growth venting applications
and Bioprocessing, Automotive,